May 29, 2011

Fancy (foster #92)

I remember it all very well lookin back
It was the day I felt unsafe
I lived in a wire cage in cold damp shelter
On the outskirts of a small country town.

I didn't have a family or food
To say the least I was running out of time.
Then a nice lady from MAGRR found it in her plans
To make a trip to this small country town.

Well, the lady came and took a look at my thin, wiry coat
She patted me on the head and smiled and said the red collar would fit me good.
And standing back from the wire cage
I began to have some hope again.

She said "Here's your one chance Fancy, don't let me down.
Here's your one chance Fancy, don't let me down."


I could not resist writing some lyrics for Fancy MAGRR.  When I first saw her picture, I knew that I wanted to foster this sweet little girl.  This is what rescue is all about.  Thanks to MAGRR, this girl has a second chance on life.  Fancy is a smart girl.  She knows sit and she learned to use the doggy door.  She likes to retrieve the tennis ball and play with the rope.  When I picked Fancy up at CPH, I thought "How can people treat their pets this way?" and then Zetta was rescued from the Collierville shelter yesterday.  She is even in worse shape than Fancy.  Please keep Zetta and her foster family in your prayers.  When we pick up our foster babies, we form a bond and we love them just like they were our own.  Our hearts hurt for those who are neglected and treated badly.  Thanks to all the foster families who put their hearts on the line.

No comments: